Using PPS’ patented, game changing tactile sensor technology called Capacitive Force Switch, automotive product designers can now add the force dimension to capacitive control buttons, and provide the reliability and durability of mechanical switches coupled with the sleek design, simple appearance, low cost, and more sophisticated operation of capacitive switches.
Capacitive proximity switches are widely used in automobile control applications in place of mechanical switches due to their low cost and modern, sleek design. But unlike mechanical switches, capacitive switches can be activated unintentionally by drivers whose fingers brush too close to them, particularly on bumpy roads, during acceleration or turns. The result ranges from annoying radio station changes and unintentional volume changes to turning on the defogger fans accidentally.
Furthermore, because capacitive sensors measure electrical properties, moisture from rain, melting snow or spilled beverages render the switches useless, as do items that cover a fingertip such as gloves or bandages.
PPS’s new Capacitive Force Switch technology solves these problems since it….
- Relies on mechanical pressure to eliminate accidental activation.
- Is impervious to moisture and other environmental factors.
- Has the look and cost characteristics of traditional capacitive switches.
- Utilizes finger pressure to improve user interface & make certain operations more precise.
- Provides many UI enhancements from using proportional force to accelerate or decelerate scrolling when choosing a song or contact person to controlling a window or adjust pressure sensitive thresholds via software control.
PPS Force Switch Demo Video
NEXT STEPS TO EMBED PPS SENSORS INTO YOUR PRODUCTS
It will be our pleasure to partner with it to embed our tactile sensor technology into your products through development and licensing/manufacturing services.
- We will integrate our sensor solutions into your prototypes.
- We will also consult on sensor design, integration, and testing.
- Manufacture and supply logistics of prototypes per customer requirements.
- PPS can either license its OEM solutions directly to you.
- Or we utilize our strategic manufacturing partners to produce our sensors.